Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The picker

If it weren't for my girlfriend running with me in Saturdays 5 miler, I definitely wouldn't have been able to complete my goal of running 5 miles in under 50 minutes. Not only did she give me some swift kicks in the ass to keep moving, she also made it fun. How you ask? By what she calls "picking people off"- she'd point out a runner ahead, and say "you will pass that person" - and off we went. By the end, I won't lie, I was dying, and what does she have me do in the last half mile of the race? Pick people off.

First it was a younger kid. Then it was two other guys. I sprinted. And I almost peed my pants! Thankfully it was all down hill or else I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to beat the guys!


There we are in the back right. She's telling me to GO.

.....and I am off. Praying that all those kegels paid off.

Painful! 
First pick off complete! Little did I know I wasn't done yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment