Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Falling off the wagon is easy to do...

Now I know why I haven't taken more than a day off at a time since I started my 90 day challenge back in March!

It's been hotter than hell here in Maine, and to be honest, exercising without air conditioning isn't all that fun. I had been working out about 5-6 days a week (more like 6) since the start of my challenge, but recently, I've slipped down to 3-4. I find the more days I take off, the harder it is to get back on the wagon! I knew this would happen...getting lost in the hustle and bustle of summer. Beach days...long days and can't forget the hot & humid days. Speaking of humid, it's been so freakin' humid here lately, and honestly, that kills me more than the heat itself. So not fun. I come home from my run pouring in sweat - and that's saying a lot because I am not a sweaty person.

I have been trying to maintain my 3 days/week running, and that has been really tough to do. I haven't done more than 4 miles in a long time, but shit....I never even thought I'd be able to run 4 miles.....ever...or equate to 4 miles in a week total! So, I really shouldn't complain. I guess I could get up early and run, but that just wouldn't work since I co-sleep with our youngest.

I have also been limited in exercising at home. During the really hot days it has been in the mid 80s in our house. Did I mention we don't have A/C??? May I also add that fans don't help very much when it is that hot inside the house. I'd prefer to sit down and suck on a popsicle!

Thankfully, this week has cooled down a bit. I did level 2 of the shred on Monday. I kicked my ass and worked really hard. The next day, I was feeling it. It was a good pain though. On Tuesday, I did the OnDemand shortened version of No More Trouble Zones along with the Last Chance Workout. I am definitely feeling the two workouts today!!! I love that feeling though...it feels like something was accomplished.

I have reached my goal weight of 118lbs (I fluctuate between 117-119). I couldn't be happier. This is the weight I was when I got married (and pregnant with our honeymoon token)! All I want now is to tone up...and with that, I still have a ways to go. I need to step back up on my running and get back into a workout routine again. I feel like when I take days off, it just kills me, and it's so hard to start back up again.

It's easy to make excuses for not working out.....not enough time, too hot....etc etc etc etc etc. The list could go on and on some days. So, I need to suck it up and do it. Every little bit counts. So, I am going to get back on the wagon because it's a pain in the ass to fall off and try getting back on.

I'm going to try and blog on here more often! How is everyone else doing? Any goals set? Races to be run? Complaints???

2 comments:

  1. I have fallen...HARD. It is so hot and now humid here. Even though we have central air we can't get the humidity out of the house. Yuck. I know that is why I have no motivation. What sucks is that I am not sleeping as well and can barely get up in the AM. I hate how I feel....I am only fluctuating 3 pounds and really it is not about the weight. I just feel like crap. I know that I would feel better if I was working out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer and single parent-hood have taken their toll. In spite of it all I had been managing my normal 5-6x per week all summer. That is until Sean called two weeks ago to tell me that he was getting extended (turning the 6 remaining days in 13). I got into a really big funk. I have an anxiety problem (that I usually manage with excercise, ironically enough). The problem is that my anxiety manifests itself as insomnia. I can cram a workout into the busiest, of busy, busy days...but not if I can barely keep my eyes open.

    I've worked out 6 times total since I got the news 2 weeks ago. I am committing to getting back on track this week. I love reading your blog...good times and bad times, it helps to know we're all out there trying to do the same kinds of things and overcoming whatever it is thats challenging us. I know it makes us stronger, but sometimes it really sucks huh?

    On the bright side, I am also down to my wedding day weight! I've lost 8lbs since I started back after my feet healed in Feb. That was 5 I'd gained while healing (during the holiday season...uuugghhh) and an extra 3 I hadn't been able to budge since the boys were born.

    ReplyDelete