Sunday, February 6, 2011

Maybe not the best choice? But...it works!

Sorry everyone for the lack of blogging here on my 'melting the muffin top', but this pregnancy thing really has put a damper on my exercising! I am not complaining though, I feel very lucky to be able to get pregnant, carry a child......and avoid bed rest thus far in my pregnancy!

I am 27 weeks tomorrow...less than 10 weeks until I get my cerclage out, and let the flood gates open. It's hard to believe, but, it's going to come quicker than I think! I have to say, I'm not so sure how ready I am for baby #4, but, I can tell you how ready I am to really start getting down and dirty with exercising again, particularly running. I am surely getting that itch, especially after getting a registration for the annual Mothers Day 5K - which was my very first 5K EVER last year...it's May 9th this year, one day after my due date. With our three girls, they were born 3-4 weeks early, so I am banking on this little prince doing the same.......so, that gives me some time to train a little - even if I have to walk, I figure it will be a great kick start to losing the baby weight! Who's game with me?

So, like I said above, I am really starting to get the itch. While I haven't been running, lifting weights or hanging with Jillian Michaels, I have been.....ummmmm..skiing. Yes, downhill skiing. Yes, pregnant. Yes, I may be crazy. Hey. We've had a lot of snow, and being home with three small children makes me go a little insane, so skiing has really, really made this winter go by fast. Don't worry though, I haven't been skiing any bumps, or crazy hills, just good times with our young girls, who are 4.5 and 3 (our 17mos old is with a sitter usually). I call it granny skiing - it's just nice, easy skiing....teaching our girls, spending quality family time while getting some vitamin D and exercise. Having gone skiing 6 times in the last 5 weeks or so has really gotten me back on the bandwagon so to speak...

I need a little more motivation to turn my quiet time into yoga or exercise time, but at this stage of my pregnancy, I just need time to sit. I think once I hit the golden time of 30 weeks, I will start to shred with Jillian a few times a week, and then once I get a bit further along, 34+ weeks or so, I will start to do some walking - hoping the snow is gone, or close to gone by then! Better be.

So, that's where I've been. Hanging out. Skiing. Avoiding insanity.

How is everyone else spending this crazy, snowy winter?

1 comment:

  1. No snow here, but not eating for the first trimester really changed my perspective on this pregnancy. I wanted to work out for the entire time, but that was not possible at the beginning with feeling like death had come over me.
    I have never been excited to start working out like I am this time though. I am praying my recovery time from the c-section is quick so I can get shredding. I have been to the zoo and science center recently with the girls and that surely has been a lot of walking. It feels good.

    ReplyDelete