Sunday, February 20, 2011

Preparation - Are you ready?

I am moving right along in this pregnancy, and each day, I become closer and closer to putting in a Jillian Michaels DVD to get started. At 29 weeks and my history of preterm labor and oligohydramnios (low fluid) I have to be cautious with my levels of exercise, and pay particularly close to how my body reacts.

I need to do something though. It's hard to believe we are just 9 days away from March 1st - my original start day of my 90 day challenge. To say I am pumped up to start up again is an understatement. I am determined to look good and feel comfortable in a two piece bathing suit this summer. My due date is May 9th (though all three of my babies have been 3-4 weeks early), and for me, getting ready for summer and getting my body back on track is a huge undertaking, especially with four children - all of whom will be exactly 5 years and under (My oldest will be five in May). It will definitely be a challenge, but I am ready for a challenge. A bigger one. 


The way I felt last year after completing my challenge was unreal, and I cannot wait to start feeling that amazing again! Getting that taste of health, fitness and feeling good about myself is just making me want to exercise! It is the best addiction I have ever had.


So, on March 1st, I will start my challenge, while it will not be as intense or may not be as regular as it was when I began all of this one year ago, it will be a start, it will help lay the foundation for the real stuff to start post baby #4. I haven't come up with a "plan" yet, but my goals will be:

To excercise (walk - as weather permits, yoga, shred - very easy, and probably only level 1, cardio max, etc) at least 30 minutes, three times per week.

I am going to do some research on exercising while pregnant and see what I can find. I am not looking to lose weight or anything serious, I am just looking to lay a foundation for restarting a real exercise regime once the baby is born.

So, who's with me? Who wants to join my challenge with me again this year? You have two weeks to prepare!

Anyone have any resources on exercising while pregnant?

I will be looking into information regarding alternatives to any type of squats, abdominal exercises, and any particular yoga exercises that require you to lay on your belly.

If you're new here, click here to learn about how I got started!
A blog about what I use and don't use. (during my challenge, surely not now! ha!)

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I am not joining you until after June 4th.....I can't do anything to start labor early this time. Then of course after baby I am not "allowed" to do anything for at least a month. I think I will do diet change again first then bring Jillian back into my life. I have a workout DVD for pregnancy, but I have not even taken it out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I had all these grandiose ideas to do yoga, etc all throughout my pregnancy - that didn't happen...I just didn't have the motivation.

    I think skiing was just what I needed to get me motivated to get back into the swing of these. Even though I will be extremely limited as to what I can do, I figured any sort of "activity" will be better than none!

    We'll get there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the information works great for men because they produce a ton of testosterone, but as women, we don't have that advantage. I'm going to show you some female abdominal exercise tips that can help you out.

    ReplyDelete