Sunday, June 6, 2010

Slacking! and Completion

Yeah, I admit, I've slacked majorly on this blog. Life has been very busy lately, and there have been many times where I have reminded myself to catch up, but I get distracted, and well, it doesn't happen.

I will say, I may have slacked on the blog, but I have continued to exercise and......run. Even beyond day 90!

You may have wondered, what happened to 90 days? Surprisingly, life passed me by before I realized, I had reached my goal of running for 90 days. On May 28th, I reached day 90 of my 90 day running challenge. It has truly been a life-changing 90 days. I never would have thought my life would have changed so much in such a short period of time. I'm not talking about family change, or life changing big event, but more like a personal change - an inner change. I have gone from feeling crappy about myself, not fitting into clothes, weighing the most I have ever weighed (129-130lbs), not being an active individual, to......the complete opposite. I am finally starting to feel positive about myself. I fit in almost alll of my clothes - size 4 pants. When I started this, I was a tight 6 and a loose 8.....now, I am a perfect 4 (in most pants) and a very loose 6. I don't feel like I have to squeeze into clothes anymore. I actually enjoy picking out clothes now. I actually enjoy shopping now. I have lost all of the weight I wanted to lose. I am now weighing in between 119-121. My ultimate goal is 115, but until I am done with nursing, I will not try to lose weight. If it comes off, then it comes off and if not, I am fine with that. All I want is to be fit and trim...and now, I consider myself an active individual. I feel lazy and gross when I don't exercise.

I now know that my past excuses for working out were not valid - they were just excuses. I hid behind those excuses. I have learned that I can do anything I want to do - anyone can.  I never in a million years thought I could run 3 miles, let alone 6. I never thought I would continue to run after my 90 days is through....but I am still running. You have to want to do something, and if you feel pressured or aren't ready for the commitment, you are setting yourself up for failure. I truly believe the fact that I was personally ready. I wanted to do it. I was ready to make the commitment. This is why I think I have succeeded. I have been planning for this moment since last spring. That is a long time to mentally prepare for something. I am so glad I did.

I look forward to continuing my challenge of staying healthy. fit. active. I look forward to teaching our girls how important a healthy lifestyle is. I love when our girls get excited about exercising. I love when Mairead asks if she can exercise with me. I love when she gets disappointed because I exercised without her. It's a new way of life for all of us, and I am loving it. I am glad our girls are young enough to not know any different. This is how it will be.

I am not going to stop this blog. I actually want to try to keep it up. I may not be daily, but I will update it. We are continuing to run, and I have commited myself to running through October. I am so lucky to have a supportive husband, family and friends. Kevin and I are scheduled to run another 5K on Father's Day, and I have a few others in the wings, too. It's amazing!

I hope whoever reads this will continue to be inspired. Will continue to see that anything is possible, and while there are always hurdles, you just have to work through them, and do the best you can.We all have to inspire and motivate each other. Support is so important, and I am so lucky that I have lots of it in my life.

How is everyone doing with their goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment