Friday, February 19, 2010

Portland Sea Dogs Mother's Day 5K

I thought it would be a great to sign up for my first 5K in order to help keep me motivated to achieve my goal of running for 90 days. I went onto Maine Track Club's website to see if there were any races that would work for me. Low and behold, there was! What a great Mother's Day gift to myself if I could actually finish a 5K!

If you live in the Portland area and interested in joining me, check out the info! So far, I have my husband, Kevin, my mom and a few friends who will run this with me! So, what are you waiting for???

Here is the information for the Portland Sea Dogs Mother's Day 5K: If you're going to sign up, comment below to let me know!

Sunday, May 9, 2010, 9:15 a.m.; kids' run at 8:30 a.m.
Location: Hadlock Field, Portland

  • Entry fee: $15 before April 1, $18 thereafter (or $26 total before April 1, $32 after April 1 for those who register for both the Mother's Day and Father's Day races at the same time). The kids' run is free. Family rate is $12 each through April 15 for families of 4 or more.
  • T-shirts: Technical shirts to first 1000 entrants.
  • Other amenities: Chip timing; coupon for free ticket to a Sea Dogs game.
  • Registration/packet pickup: Friday, noon to 6 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Maine Running Company; Sunday, 7 to 9 a.m. at Hadlock Field
  • Awards: The overall male and female winners will receive a trophy and a pair of season tickets for the remainder of the 2010 season, and will throw out the first pitch prior to the next Sea Dogs home game. Additional awards go to the top three male and female finishers in the following age groups: 14-and-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80+ (overall winners not eligible for age-group awards).
  • Course records: Men -- Louie Luchini, 14:30 (2007); Women -- Sheri Piers, 16:59 (2009).
  • Information: Portland Sea DogsThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it 874-9300 or Howard SpearThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .
Printable entry form | Online registration | Kids' run registration | Course map

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful Steph ;) I know you can do it! I'm sure it will be a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Molly! I don't know if it will be fun, but it surely will be an interesting challenge :)

    ReplyDelete