Monday, February 15, 2010

Preparing myself

My name is Steph, and I am a 31 year old mother of three young girls (3, 2 and 5 months). My husband Kevin is an officer in the Coast Guard, and we've been together for 6 years in September (married almost 5). Since being together with Kevin, I have not exercised like I used to...life just got busy, quick! Once we got married, we found out I was pregnant shortly after our honeymoon. Since September 2005, I have been pregnant and/or nursing without a break. I gave birth to our third daughter in September 2009. Needless to say, I've had little time to get back in shape.

Last year before I got pregnant with Clara, I promised myself I would start exercising the spring after she was born (2010). Here we are in the middle of February, and I have been mentally preparing myself for how I am going to go about getting myself back in shape. At our wedding, I weighed about 118lbs, and now, I weigh in at 130 pounds. I would love to get down to 120, and even 115 once I finish nursing Clara - which could be a while!

I have decided to learn to run. In high school, I played soccer. Since I was fast, I would play half back. I hated it. I had to run...a lot. Our coach used to make us run hills, and it was horrible. In college, I was on the waterski team. I lifted weights 4-5 times per week, waterskiied about 5-6 times and I rollerbladed 6-7 miles almost everyday. While I know I will not have the time to work out like I used to, I want to make time to exercise. Even though I have such horrible memories of running in high school, I am going to attempt to enjoy running.

I am going to run for 90 days and blog about my experience. I hope this blog will allow me to stay true to myself, and keep me motivated to journal about this. I am hoping my husband, Kevin, will run alongside me. It should be interesting. My goal is to start March 1st as long as the weather cooperates.

I just want to feel good about myself again! I also hope I can motivate others to run, too! So, come along and run with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment