Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We have a name! and some other business

Thanks to the gals over on my other blog (the Ferrie Girls), I have come up with a name for my running blog!

Melting the Muffin Top

Thanks, Jennifer for the great idea! I love it, and I hope it makes you laugh. I wanted a humorous name for my blog because let's be honest, this whole running this is pretty humorous! I also hope this blog is pretty humorous, too! 

I posted over on facebook about starting a running blog, and I got a lot of comments from friends wanting to motivate or re-motivate themselves to start running (again). So, what are you waiting for??? Let's motivate together. I just downloaded an iPhone app called 'imapmyrun' - it's a great application that helps track your runs, and you can even see what your friends are doing. If you have an iPhone, go download that free application, and we can run together. Here is the website.

Another great website I stumbled upon yesterday called the Couch to 5K running plan - I am planning on following something just like this to get me started. Anyone want to start March 1 with me? Leave a comment below! 

Anyways, if you're interested in joining me in my running challenge, please leave a comment below...


7 comments:

  1. Alright Lady...I am in...I haven't run since High School...I am doing the 30 day Shred and HATE Jillian Michaels...going to download my app now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph- I did that challange, well started it, prior to leaving South Portland. I was up to 20 mins jogging, then we moved and it all went to hell! I am doing the Shred now and then maybe I will do this, but I was thinking p90x. I will see. But I have no problem cheering you on! Why wait to March 1, make tomorrow your monday! You can workout free at Planet Fitness! (but Kevin will have to be home, no childcare!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Awesome, Amanda.

    Lora Beth, I want it to be a little warmer, and weather a little better here really. It's just a goal date to start, and prepare myself in all areas.

    Keep checking in ladies! This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the name and love the idea. I started wit 20 min on the elliptical yesterday and I am hurting. Ugh! I am with you my friend....we will both melt the muffin top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did Couch to 5k to jump start my wedding weight loss. Not only did it give me the results I wanted, it turned me into a runner. I love to hate running now. I always feel like, Ugghhh, before I get on the treadmill, but I feel like Superwoman when I get off. There's something to be said for doing something daily that not everyone can do. It makes you feel strong.

    I will follow your blog and ask for/offer encouragement! I am just getting back to running after 9 weeks off while stress fractures in my feet healed. I'm starting Couch-to-5k again today. Its a terrific program and it works. You'll be amazed with your results.

    Katie

    ps. Make sure you get fitted for running shoes at a running store before you start. Best way to injure your feet/knees/hips is to run in the wrong shoes for your body/stride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Steph! I'm with you. I have actually learned to love running. It is such a great stress reliever. Try putting some good music on an ipod. With the ipod on, I could run forever. I usually do about 2 1/2 miles 3 days/week. I would like to get up to 3-4 miles a few times each week...I just need to make more time for it! Good luck!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph,
    I will support you from the sidelines. I am starting with the shakes but running is out until spring. I will still be cheering on.
    C

    ReplyDelete