Monday, May 16, 2011

"A" for Effort

I am still alive. Just barely.

Last week I had these grandiose ideas of running or exercising at least three days.

It didn't happen.

On Thursday, I scheduled a babysitter in hopes of hitting the roads for a "run" - but, best laid plans....Kevin's parents were coming into town and I had to hit the store. I had asked Kevin to vacuum and mop the kitchen and living room the night before, and well, you know what happens after that (let's just say the wine won)....yeah, didn't happen and my work out consisted of washing and vacuuming floors. I wasn't a happy camper!

Wednesday, I cleaned the entire house. Have you ever put on a heart rate monitor while cleaning? I didn't do it this time, but, I have done it in the past, and you'll be amazed at how many calories you burn during a good house cleaning. It isn't exactly my favorite way to exercise, but at least you know it is doing something. 


Kevin's parents have been in town from Florida since Thursday, so I didn't exercise at all. I really need to get myself into a good groove and starting it is the hardest thing! So, that is my goal for the week, too bad it is going to rain all week so I will be relying on Jillian to get me started!

Then today, Kevin and I planned on "shredding" this evening.

What did I say before? Best laid plans.....

Of course Callum was awake. Clara was getting into trouble and then Lilah dropped a weight (3lbs) on Maireads toe. Then the phone rang. Twice. Then Clara wanted to "help" swing Callum. Callum wanted to be held. When it was time to do abs, I had to share my mat with two girls and a third who wanted to lay on top of me while doing them. Then it was dinner time. I got Callum back to sleep and attempted to work out again. BUST. Callum woke up and wanted to be held. I guess it wasn't in the cards to get a work out in tonight.

So, I poured a glass of wine and called it a night. Sometimes it just doesn't "work out"

No comments:

Post a Comment