Thursday, May 26, 2011

I did it!

The sun is finally out here in Maine after an eight day hiatus. My motivation was nowhere to be found. I even dressed "the part" on Monday planning to work out, but, guess what? It never happened.
Hey, getting dressed to exercise is one step closer to actually doing, it right?

On Wednesday, it was a beautiful afternoon. Kevin came home and I promised myself I would run. And run, I did....

Distance: 2.34 miles (getting closer to that 3 mile mark)
Time: 29.20 - definitely not proud of a 12 minute pace, but, I will take it....

A good friend of mine suggested running "telephone poles" - so for the first part of my run, I alternated running and walking with each telephone pole. By half of my run, I was starting to feel good, so I decided to run as far as I could. I was able to run the last part without walking. It felt pretty good, but a bit disappointing considering I was running 9-10 minute miles before I had a baby.

Then today, I promised myself I would run again. And I did.

I had told myself to run a little further than I did on Wednesday. When I got out there, it felt good, so I kept going until I reached the 1.5 mile mark and then I turned around.

Today, I ran:

3.0 miles in 36:20 ----- my first 5K since last summer! While I am not proud of my time, I am proud of being able to run 3 miles just shy of 7 weeks of giving birth.

I think I am finally starting to feel that motivation to keep going.....summer is just about here and this mamma needs to get herself back in shape again!

How is everyone else doing?

2 comments: