Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Staying Motivated

It's been a rainy mess here in Maine and it looks like it will be a while before the sun comes out. I don't know about you, but for me, cloudy days gives me absolutely NO motivation to do much of anything, especially exercise.

Check out my "blog frog" community to the right.....(click on the link "how do you stay motivated" to join a discussion)

Let's talk about staying motivated and how you do it.....I'd love some ideas and I am sure others would, too!

2 comments:

  1. I am not motivated at all, I make myself get up at 4:30 am everyday and make myself workout if I don't get up then I won't workout. So far I am averaging working out 6 days a week it has just became part of my morning routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest factor for me in staying motivated is planning. I usually sit down with my calendar on Sunday evening (just actually did this). I take a look at my week, what I've got going on, and figure out whether I'm going to strength train M/W/F, or T/Th/S. The alternate days are cardio days.

    Usually, if I can get through my M/T/W workouts, I am totally motivated to finish my week. By Wednesday last week I had gotten through 2 strength training sessions. That meant I only needed one more for a complete week (of 3 sessions). I forced myself to run on Thursday, and after I did, I only needed one more cardio session for a complete week. My Type A personality is a big motivating factor here (obviously), but it works for me.

    The biggest thing is knowing ahead of time when you can fit what in, and then holding yourself to it. There are always going to be a million things that come up. You have to prioritize yourself, and for me exercise is part of my sanity. It makes me a better mom.

    ReplyDelete