Friday, May 6, 2011

My first run

Well, I did it. I ran for the first time since last summer.

Believe me, I use the term "ran" very loosely.

When I woke up this morning it was a beautiful spring morning and I felt pretty good, so I thought I'd try running a bit. My body was still a little sore from the Shred on Wednesday, but I felt good enough to run.

I dug out all my little do-dads for running - my iPhone (for my IPod and MapMyRun App), my ear buds, running sneaks, heart rate monitor, hair tie and was on my merry way.

I ran a bit and walked a lot in the beginning. I'd say probably 50/50 in the beginning, but once I hit the 13 minute mark, I started to get that energy surge I used to get last year. I ran the last half and it felt surprisingly good. I got no side stitches at all.

So, since I did the same run I did for my very first run EVER here is the comparison:
I ran/walked for 24:08 minutes
Distance: 1.74 miles
Pace: 13.47 min/mile



Today: 
Duration: 23:00
Distance: 1.8 miles
Pace: 12:48 mins/mile


PART of me wants to scream FUCKKKKKKKK...........I did the same as I did when I was heavier, and completely out of shape, but part of me is proud of myself - this run actually felt good where as my first few runs sucked and was just horrible. I didn't feel as though I was dying when I ran this morning. OK, I won't be so hard on myself.....it's a start, and not a bad one.


Can't wait to get back out there again and again....and start feeling this good everyday! 


How did you all do today? Did you get out there? 

1 comment:

  1. Good job Steph!!! I bet it felt great to get out there. I'm running a 5K tomorrow, so today was an easy run day for me. 30 minutes with some strides. It was a beautiful day here in Illinois, so I really enjoyed getting out.

    ReplyDelete