Thursday, May 5, 2011

Inspiring Others

Last year I used this blog as an outlet to create accountability for myself.

I knew that it would be too easy to make excuses for myself as to why I couldn't exercise "that" day - you know things like - too tired, too busy, too many things to do around the house, the kids were driving me crazy, etc etc etc. I could go on and on with all the excuses I could create.

I didn't start a blog for any other reason. If I knew people, even strangers, were reading my blog, then I knew I would have to follow through with what I said I would do. And do you know what? It worked.

My 90 day challenge last year did more for me than I ever thought possible. I inspired myself. I inspired others. I realized just how great it was to feel good about myself and what a crappy self image I had before that I never realized I had.

So....as I begin to exercise after being pregnant and on activity restrictions for 9 months, I want to do something to help others.

I want this blog to be an outlet for others who are just like me and wanting to change their life.

I want this blog to inspire others, complete strangers, to work out, to continue working out and to achieve the goal they set for themselves.

This is my challenge.

In the meantime, I want everyone who visits/reads my blog to comment below and give me ideas on what they'd like to see on this blog.

(If you look on the top of the right hand bar, you will see a "community" - click on that and chat/discuss there)

We can learn so much from each other from diet ideas to exercise ideas to questions to helping each other continue with our goals.

Should we have a weekly post about our goals?

What about some sort of chat application on here?

What else? Let's help motivate!

4 comments:

  1. Look forward to joining.....a bit down the road. Know I am certainly cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea Steph sounds like a lot of fun ;)
    My biggest problem isn't weight, (my thyroid is overactive) but lack of muscle tone. I hate being skinny and flabby at the same time. I feel mishapen, If that makes any sense.
    I really need to work on my arms. Yuck! I've always been very active, walking, running swimming, cycling, etc. But I have never been good about keeping a consistant workout routine and I've never focused on toning a particular muscle group. I definitely need it especially after having kids. Would love any tips on that kind of stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun Steph! I'm in pretty good shape right now running almost every day. However I'm STUCK on my weight loss. I'd love to lose 10-20 more pounds before my big run in August. It would be great to chat and talk with others about the constant struggles we ALL face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am IN! Joined a boot camp at our local YMCA last week. It is every Monday, Wednesday, Friday 530-630 AM, LOVING it! My goal is to lose 10-20 pounds and get back to my size 6! The camp is 6 weeks-

    ReplyDelete