Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Add 3 more to the count!

Yesterdays workout absolutely KILLED me. I got out of bed this morning and I could hardly walk! It even hurt to move my arms. I joked with Kevin saying I needed a wheelchair with a joystick so I didn't have to move my arms or legs today!

Once I got moving I felt better, but my hamstrings were killing me. I had a scheduled babysitter today so I could get some things done around the house, particularly a run.

I set out this morning with a goal of 3 miles. It was getting hot so I knew I had to do it now or I'd never do it today.

Duration: 33:56
Distance: 2.93 miles
Pace: 11:35 min/mile

Todays run definitely hurt, I think my muscles were so tight from yesterday, but I knew I had to do it - I have to keep up with everyone and finish my 30 miles! My hamstrings were quite tight in the beginning, but they loosened up (a little) during the run.

I was able to keep my pace between 10-12 minutes, so that is a big plus. I have a long way to go to get back to where I was pre-baby, but I am starting to feel good about my workouts...and once I make them a priority in my day, I'll feel better and better.

I can start to feel the "obsession" with exercising start and that's good, because that means I WILL make time for it everyday. Even if it is 10 minutes. Even if it is a long walk or bike ride with my kids. It is still exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment