Monday, June 13, 2011

Lucky number 13 & And a new plan...interested?

13 is my lucky number. Don't ask me why, it just is.

Today, I hit mile 13 for the month of June. My good friend, Kate (who is an avid runner), has put a little fire under my ass to help me get my 5K time under 30 minutes.

Interested in what she said? Here you go!


1. 100 ounces of water a day (this accounts for the nursing and exercise).  Make sure you keep track - make sure to get it all in your system!!
2. Limited alcohol intake to 1 (yes a good size one is fine) drink a day (this means one glass of wine or one vodka mixer or one something-or-other or beer...But the rule is one a day)
3. Eat normally, eat when you're hungry....just eat normally.
4. Make sure you eat before your run.
5. Whats your music situation?  Do you have good running music?  When / where did you buy your shoes?  Are your boobies well supported?

Here we go!!!

Monday: go out and run 3.1 miles....run it slow, but don't walk...I would rather you run it slow the whole time, than run faster & have to walk a bit....just run it
Tuesday
: speed work out: driveway sprints 15 - sprint the length of your driveway, walk back, sprint it, walk, etc. repeat 15 times.  Do 20 crunches, 20 lunges, and 20 push-ups (real ones & then drop to your knees when you need to)
Wednesday:  run 2 miles 
Thursday
:  rest day, but do 20 crunches, 20 lunges, and 20 push-ups
Friday:  run 3.1 miles,
Saturday
: speed work out: driveway sprints 15 - sprint the length of your driveway, walk back, sprint it, walk, etc. repeat 15 times.  Do 20 crunches, 20 lunges, and 20 push-ups (real ones & then drop to your knees when you need to)
Sunday: run 2.5 miles,
Monday
: rest day, do 20 crunches, 20 lunges, and 20 push-ups
Tuesday: run a 5k in 30 minutes or less :)


Here are my stats for today, which by the way, I am pretty proud of...

Distance: 3.1 miles!
Duration: 33:45 min
Pace: 10:56min/mile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Month total: 13

2 comments: