Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm alive...

It's been busy here! Last week I was feeling a little fatigued, so I decided to take a few days off from exercising. I wanted to take a few days to rest, drink a lot of fluids and just enjoy.

On Monday, I set out to run 3 miles:
Duration: 34:58
Distance: 3.25miles
Pace: 10:54min/mile

The run actually felt really good and I could have kept going. I started remembering how I used to feel running 4-5 miles last year. I honestly think running over 3 miles is easier because your body is in a good rhythm and feeling loose.

Yesterday, I mentally prepared myself to run 4 miles. I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it, but I was going to try. I wasn't going to worry about pace, just finishing it. And that's what I did...

Duration: 42:53
Distance: 4.00 miles
Pace: 10:43min/mile

Month Total: 22 miles

Yesterdays run felt amazingly good, I was in a good pattern and felt really comfortable. It was actually the best running day this year and needed it badly. I was starting to get discouraged, but yesterday helped tremendously.

How is everyone else doing with their 30 mile challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment