Friday, June 10, 2011

A little of this...and a little of that...

This morning we spent about 3.5 hours at the beach. Needless to say, I had a tired crew! I put the kids to bed, and had some motivation to do a little work out.

I turned on OnDemand to see what was available and saw some new things from Jillian Michaels. She has a new video out that is called 6 pack in 6 weeks........hmmmm, I surely need a 6 pack after having a kid 9 weeks ago.

It was a pretty good workout! But halfway into it, Callum awoke. I got 15 minutes of a good ab workout in. Then Kevin came home and I had some time to go for a short run.

Duration: 21:57
Distance: 1.95 miles
Pace: 11:14 min/mile
Month total: 10 miles

Since I was running a shorter distance, I would run a 9-10 min/mile pace at every other mailbox or driveway and then an 11-12 min/mile pace at the opposite. It worked pretty good. When I finished running last year, my pace was more like a 9-10 min/mile, so I'd love to get to that point again.

Overall, I had a pretty good work out today. I am still feeling the other day workout in my hamstrings so I am trying to take it easy! I can feel the obsession starting to form!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Keep it up - remember a little exercise is better than none :)

2 comments:

  1. I was going to facebook you about that video! I did it on Wednesday evening and was in tears by the end! Did you get to the part where she double times EVERY move that she does in the first half of the video?? OMG, I thought I was going to throw up. All in all though, I thought it was an awesome ab workout and I will definitely be picking up the DVD. My abs still hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I only got through the first half and then Callum woke up :( --- but now I am glad he did! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete