Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Attempting to get "ripped" in 30 days

Two weeks ago I was at Target getting my weekly staples. I walked down the "exercise" aisle and noticed Jillian Michaels had out some new videos.

I picked up "Ripped in 30 days" - it looked interesting and I was interested in doing something different then the shred.

At $12 I thought it was worth the try.

After two weeks of it sitting in our living room unopened, I thought I'd give it a try.

It consists of four "weeks" or levels. It uses a similar approach of the 3,2,1 (3 minutes of strength training, 2 of cardio and 1 of abs). It is 24 minutes long.

It uses a lot of different exercises so it doesn't feel like repetition of the Shred, but some are similar. I think the cardio and strength exercises were very good, and pretty tough for the "first" week.

The ab work outs were okay, I think nothing compares to the ab work outs on her "No More Trouble Zones" - those are amazingly tough and awesome at the same time!

I was definitely feeling it after the workout. My muscles were shaking, shit, I could barely walk!

I highly recommend it if you're looking to change it up a bit! At 24 minutes in length, it's a great workout!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment