Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 74: Even cleaning burns calories! :)

Day 74: Running

Weather: Sunny, 64 with slight winds.....beautiful.

Duration: 1:01:46
Distance: 5.77 miles
Pace: 10:43 mins/mile

Calories burned: 643
HR Max: 179
Average: 159

Today, I had a babysitter so I could clean...and run. Kevins' parents were coming into town, and I needed some time to get things cleaned up after last weeks birthday party. I ended up running with our neighbor again. After doing No More Trouble Zones yesterday, my quads were feeling it. The day was absolutely perfect for running. I also have a bit of a cold, so my energy just wasn't high, but overall, it felt good!

When I got home, it was time to start cleaning up. I kept the  heart rate monitor on to see how many calories I'd burn while cleaning. I cleaned for just about 2 hours (dusting, vacuum, mopping) and I burned 483 calories!!!! Whooooo HOOO! Maybe that's incentive to clean more :) My heart rate was averaging 105, and it even hit a max of 139 - I bet that was from mopping the floors.

So any time you are dreading to clean - think of it as a good work out that will burn some decent calories!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!!! I did some major cleaning today too...I will count it! I did the Shred...Chiara keeps asking when I will do level 3. I think I may give it a shot just so she will leave me alone about it. HA!!!

    ReplyDelete