Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Whatcha doin Wednesday???

Today is Whatcha Doin' Wednesday............

If you read my blog, join in! We are always looking for advice, support and ideas from others! 

Hope everyone is doing great at meeting their goals!

1. What was your biggest accomplishment this week?

2. What is your favorite type of exercise? Least? Why?

3. What is your biggest hurdle?

4. How often are you exercising?

5. Since starting on your own challenge to get fit, lose weight, etc - what have you learned?

Here are my answers:

1. My biggest accomplishment was actually finishing the Mother's Day 5K. I never in a million years would have thought I'd actually agree to run in a 5K, let alone finish it! Yeah, it's just 3 miles, and that distance may not be a big deal to most people - and it wasn't about the miles, it was about setting a goal for myself and finishing it. Ok, my 90 day challenge isn't over yet, but I was just so proud of myself and my husband for completing our goal.

2. Lately, I really enjoy circuit training. I like the fast moving pace of it - I feel like I get the best results. I'd be lying if I said running was my favorite exercise :) --- My least favorite......planks - they are tough!

3. Time. Time is always my biggest hurdle. I always hate starting a workout and having to stop half way through because of some sort of interruption, so I always try to make sure I finish my work out. If I am ever short on time, I do the shred. It's only 20 minutes.

4. Lately, I have been really busy. It was my daughters birthday party last weekend, so it was hectic. My goal is to work out at least FIVE days per week. I prefer 6, but I can't always get what I want.

5. Never to give up. Push yourself. You always have time for yourself - even taking your children on a long walk is exercise - running around with them in the yard is exercise - never stop moving. I always used the excuse that I didn't have time to exercise, but I think that was just a front I was hiding behind because I really wasn't motivated. I haven't felt this good - mentally, physically in a long, long time, and I am so glad I pushed myself. Set a goal (an acheiveable one), and work your ass off to achieve it. Even if you don't get the results you wanted, finishing it is what makes it feel really good.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I was gone yesterday and did not make time for reading blogs. I have not worked out this week, just because it has been my 'cycle' week and I am just not feeling it this week. Well, I am going to work out today. This is the first time my cycle has not drained me...I am sure due to taking these awesome RAW prenatal vitamins. Love them. I finished my cleanse and lost only .5-1 lb. I was not doing it for weight loss, so that was an added bonus.

    I am going to try and get back on my elliptical at least once a week. If I do get pregnant this summer I would use that for exercise more often. I enjoy the Shred. I am also considering early morning walks with the girls-it gets so hot in the summer we would have to do it before 10 AM.

    My biggest hurdle is time, but when I was thinking about it another hurdle is that I work out in the living room/playroom. We only have one tv in the house and it is where the kids playroom is also. Just makes it tough if they are playing and I want to use the floor space.

    My goal is only 3-4 days a week. If I do more, great.

    I have learned the scale number is not good representation of how I look/feel. Yes, I have a goal weight and a "healthy" weight I want to be at, but for the first time ever I feel strong and have muscle!!

    ReplyDelete