Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 79: I'm there!

For the last few days, I've stepped on the scale to see if what I have been seeing was real. This morning, I stepped on the scale, and saw..........119.5 pounds. Seriously!?! I guess the 120-121 numbers I had been seeing previously were actually real. I think I am attributing my "accelerated" weight loss of 2-3 pounds in under 3 weeks is from the increased running I have been doing. I surely have been eating like a horse, and really making sure I eat enough. Yes. enough. Since I am still nursing around the clock, with the exception of one solid meal per day, I have to make sure I eat enough calories to maintain my milk supply for my sweet Clara! About a month back, I had noticed a dip in supply, and once I upped my intake and paid attention to eating without restriction, it bounced back up again.

It is such an amazing feeling to be able to fit into my clothes again. I am now almost too small for my size 6 pants, which I barely fit into when I started this challenge. I am wearing a pair of size 4 petite pants from Ann Taylor Loft Kevin had bought me for Christmas. It feels great. Even though I am at my goal weight, I still have a lot of "toning" I would like to do.....and of course, maintenance. I don't care if I lose any more weight - if I do....bonus....if I don't, I'm okay with that too as long as my body changes - for the better.

Today, I tried Boost Metabolism from Jillian Michaels. It is another 40+ minute cardio workout. It is also on OnDemand, but like Trouble Zones, it is only a portion of the entire work out. Kevin had bought me the full version for Mother's Day, and today was the first day I tried it. It's a very good workout. I burned 410 calories with it today - not too shabby! It's all cardio - kick boxing, plank work - you know, her typical kick ass work out. It's definitely not my favorite, I felt a bit bored by the end, but it is a great work out when you feel like you need to mix it up a bit. I think I'd rather do two shreds than one of these, but that's my opinion. I don't really feel the "kick box" vibe like some do, and that's okay.

Overall, it was a good workout that had me sweating. Now, that I am feeling better after my cold, I am ready to get back into it again........just a few weeks until beach season is here! I will be sporting a bikini this summer, so I must continue! :) ha ha

2 comments:

  1. What heart monitor did you get? I like that you can see how many calories you are burning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I am beyond excited for you!!!!!!!! You kicked it!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete