Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 38: Yoga is a lot like labor

Day 38: Jillian Michaels, Yoga: Meltdown

Yes, you read the title right!

I haven't done enough Yoga in my life to know the different types. I do know it's a great work out that does a good job in toning your body, etc. The only yoga I've done consistently is the Jillian Michaels Yoga: Meltdown. She does these crazy-to-me poses and has you hold them for 15 seconds. I swear, you have to breath through these for 15 seconds to get through them. Today, I had flashbacks of being in labor with the girls having to breath just like that to get through a contraction........except, I wasn't in labor, I was doing a damn yoga video! Having all three of my girls without drugs, definitely forces you to concentrate, not get too ahead of myself, and to relax. Yoga forces you to do the same in many instances.

So, if you're looking for a challenging Yoga work out - try it! and let me know if it gives you flashbacks of childbirth! :)

I had been doing a lot of weights lately, so I thought I'd give my body a break and just do a yoga. I really enjoy it. It's so relaxing, but at the same time, it gets my heart pumping. Level 1 is getting easier, though I am not quite ready to tackle level 2 on this DVD yet. I still struggle with the Chataronga push ups, and holding the T pose for 15 seconds. Not fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment