Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 45 - Time

Day 45: Full version - No More Trouble Zones & Quick, Boost: Metabolism

It isn't every day where I have time to do the full No More Trouble Zones (40 min in length), so when I do, I jump on it. Let's be real...40 minutes is a LONG workout when you are juggling a household and three small babes under 4. Most days, my girls will nap/rest about 2 hours. If I am not running, this is my time to exercise. Some days, I will forego doing laundry, or cleaning up after lunch to exercise. Some days, nap times are spent fighting with one of the girls to actually take a nap, and by the time I am successful, it is too late to exercise because one of the other girls is up from rest/nap. Days like today are what I call "picture perfect" days. All three girls went down easily and quickly. I came downstairs to silence. I had a snack outside in the sun while reading Oprah. Yeah. there was laundry that needed folding, but I needed some time, too. Today, I come before laundry. After spending 20 minutes in silence listening to the sea gulls, I got down to business.

No More Trouble Zones isn't a joke. It is a really great, challenging work out...and Katie! Stop beating yourself up - you are more than able to do this workout! It isn't that hard! It's an awesome challenge that feels like a great accomplishment in the end.

The "I Surrenders" really get me. Holding 3 or 5lb weights above my head while getting onto my knees and getting back up again without letting those weights down. It's definitely a challenge, but honestly, I feel strong after I do them. The ab workout is just amazing. If these don't rid me of my muffin top, I don't know what will. Two circuits of crazy ab work that leaves your abs "screaming" as Jillian describes.

Once I finished that DVD. All was still quiet in my house. I feel so good after I work out....so, I put on the quick version of Boost: Metabolism and got a little bit of cardio in. I think I am going to buy this. I like it - it's different, and certainly a challenge!

I feel like I accomplished a lot today....personally. Not around the house, but that's okay. I took the time yesterday to clean the downstairs. I matter, too....and if laundry has to wait, then so be it....we will all survive.

You say "I don't have time.........." - just remember - you always have time for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment