Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 56 - Two weeks from today.....

Day 56 - Running

Weather: Sunny 56 and light winds - absolutely perfect!

Duration: 37:58
Distance: 3.78 miles (personal best)
Pace: 10:01 mins/mile

Two weeks from today I will be running in my very first offical 5K race. It's hard to believe the time has come to actually run! I never thought I would actually feel ready, but I do! I feel I am fairly well prepared for running 3.1 miles afterall, I am now feeling good about running more than 3 miles, too! Honestly, I never thought I would actually be able to run 3 miles let alone almost 4 miles (and still feel like I could run further!). Absolutely amazing.

Today was probably one of my top days running ever. It was absolutely beautiful. The first 12 minutes sucked as they always do, and then around minute 20, I get a burst of energy. I wanted to do at least 3.4 miles today, but as I was on the final stretch home, I decided to keep going. I felt good, why go home? I was in amazement at how good I actually felt - lots of energy, my legs weren't killing me and I didn't feel as though I was going to die. Wow. I love days like this

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Stephanie! You ARE so ready!!! Super proud of you!

    ReplyDelete