Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 50 - Reflections...

Day 50 - Level 1 & 2 of Shred!

I so needed to run today, but we had plans to bring the girls to the Portland Sea Dogs baseball game this afternoon, so we were a bit pressed for time.....okay, okay....I'll admit, it was windy as hell outside, and I just couldn't do it today. Tomorrow, I will run. I promise :)

After eating like crazy all weekend, and then like crap today (baseball game food - steak & cheese, fried dough, etc etc), I had to make sure I had a GOOD, quality work out today! I thought about doing No More Trouble Zones - nah.........I had an even better idea! Let's do Level 1 AND 2 of the Shred - I wanted to get some decent cardio in, and this was the way. I have to admit, it was a KICK ASS workout! Seriously! It felt great, and it was challenging, but not too bad. It is amazing how I can complete level 2 now without much of a hitch - when I started, I couldn't finish some of the strength circuits! My right wrist is killing me - I've had issues with it since after Mairead was born, so today, push-ups were virtually impossible.

So, today is day 50 of my 90 day challenge. I am more than halfway into my challenge, and I can't say anything negative about my experiences thus far. I have noticed such a change in my overall composition, mood and just self worth. Not only was this challenge an excuse to get fit, but it was an excuse to take time out for myself...something I hadn't done in a very, very long time. I am starting to fit into clothes I hadn't worn since before I had Lilah, and not feel nasty in others. I bought a size 2 dress at Ann Taylor Loft over the weekend, and it fit. Amazing. I've run a 5K in 30 minutes. It's just great, and I really hope this new "lifestyle" will continue far after I am done with the 90 days.

Just a few weeks until my first 5K race, and I am actually looking forward to it! I KNOW I will be able to FINISH it! How great is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment