Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whatcha Doin' Wednesday

We started Whatcha doin' Wednesdays last week:

Hope everyone had a successful week meeting their goals

1. What was your biggest accomplishment last week?

2. What do you think your BIGGEST hurdle is right now?

3. What is your favorite work out/exercise/activity?

4. What do you hope to achieve from exercising?

Anything else????

Here are my answers:

1. My biggest accomplishment was running my very first 5K! Even in the best shape of my life in college, I never ran. So, this was huge for me! I still don't care for running :)

2. Time - with three kids almost 4 and under, it's tough, but I make sure I make time. If I have very little time, I will do the shred, which is only 20 minutes. Everyone has 20 minutes - at least that is what I keep telling myself. The other hurdle is eating - I am trying to eat a lot healthier, with a lot less snacks. Since I am still nursing exclusively (with one solid meal per day for Clara), I have to be very careful in eating, exercising and hydration. 

3.  My favorite work out right now is No More Trouble Zones....it really is challenging, and I love a good challenge. I love anything Abs - need to tame this muffin top!

4.  I hope to learn to incorporate a healthy lifestyle into our household. I want exercise and healthy living to be the "norm" in our house. I never want my girls to think exercise is a CHORE. I want it to be enjoyable for everyone....and exercise doesn't have to be "working out" - it can be a family walk or a hike like Jen does. There is so much to do. I also want to feel better about myself in all sorts of ways, and I have really started to feel better about things lately.

4 comments:

  1. My biggest accomplishment last week was starting the Shred level 2 and doing a mountain hike!
    My biggest hurdle right now is still time. Yes, I know I am only trying to fit 20 min in, but Leah (1 1/2 yr) is not a big fan of letting me workout while she is up. I hate working out in the afternoon. I would much rather workout by 10 AM.
    Favorite??? Geesh Steph....ummm, I am loving hiking. My things feel it, my heart rate gets up with the steep climbs. However, I can't do that all the time, so I would have to say anything that is abs. And someday, maybe I will see more results! ;)
    I am hoping that someday the "muffin top" will melt away....then again, I anticipate it getting bigger before it gets smaller (not yet, but soon).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've been reading your daily updates as a way to get inspired to start exercising again. I have a 7 week old baby who keeps me up every 2 hours to eat, so I'm struggling in the energy (and time) department. My goal for the next few weeks is to start taking more walks with the baby in a carrier and possibly trying out some yoga dvds (or onDemand).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke!
    Congrats on your new baby! It's tough in the beginning. I have an almost 7 month old, and it is still tough! She's been getting up every 2-3 hours for the last few weeks, and it's a killer. It's worse than it was when she was a newborn.

    Just start slow....you'll get there!!!

    Hope all is well - your boys are beautiful :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Biggest accomplishment was averaging an 8:56 minute mile for an entire 5k (3.13 miles).

    2. Biggest hurdle is my getting my inner monologue to shut up and stop telling me that I can't do something. For example, I bought No More Trouble Zones, took one look at the back of the DVD case, and have been telling my inner monologue to stop telling me I'm not strong enough ever since. Still haven't tried it, but I plan to on Sunday.

    3. My fave exercise is interval running on the treadmill. I change my pace every 3-4 minutes, sprinting sometimes, jogging sometimes, and pushing it in a fast jog sometimes. It keeps me interested in what I'm doing and it makes the time fly by.

    4. I want to feel confident in my appearance. I went through my entire 20's struggling with 15-25 extra pounds. I lost them and have kept them off for 3 years, but I still see myself through what I call my 'Fat Goggles'. I wear a size 4 or 6 (depends where I shop) and I still view everything I put on through those damn goggles and find I can only see the problem areas. Oh, and I want to get my muffin top gone and my arms and legs dead sexy for summer!

    ReplyDelete