Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 41: Fast & Furious

Day 41: Running & Level 2 Shred

Weather: Sunny, 56 and very windy....

Okay......well maybe not "fast and furious" but comparison to what I did on Day 5, I was fast & furious today!

Today (day 41):
Duration: 17:12
Distance: 1.77 miles
Pace: 9:42 mins/mile

Day 5:
Duration: 24:08
Distance: 1.74 miles
Pace: 13:47 mins/mile

Not too bad. I shaved 7 minutes off of my time and improved my pace FOUR minutes from the first week of my couch to 5K.......Seriously? I am pretty satisfied with my improvement less than halfway through my 90 day challenge.

Today was windy. I think there is nothing worse than running straight into a stiff wind. It hurts. Bad. I thought it might be fun to go back to my first course and see how much I have improved since then. So, that's what I did. I never in my right mind would I have thought I'd be able to run under 10 minute miles and go for more than a few minutes straight. I won't tell you it felt great though. I just can't seem to find the "enjoyment" in running like some people do. How do you get there? I really want to...seriously, I do...but it's just tough. I will have to admit I was pretty psyched to see how much I have improved!

Since I ran less than 20 minutes, I came home and did level 2 of the Shred with Kevin. Wow. That definitely kicked my butt, especially after having a hefty workout yesterday with No More Trouble Zones. I am definitely seeing improvements with level 2 now. I can use 5lbs for almost the majority of the workout, but I find myself struggling during the second set, so I tend to pick up the 3's. Overall, not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment