Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 43: Double strollers, Wind & Beer.........

Have one thing in common - They can definitely make things harder! A lot HARDER!

Day 43: Running & OnDemand short version of "No More Trouble Zones"

Weather: Sunny 54 and WINDY.......head winds are NOT fun, especially while pushing a double jogger.

Duration: 33:09
Distance: 2.77 miles
Pace: 11:59 (mind you, I ended up stopping and chatting with a neighbor for a few minutes and forgot to press pause - the pace still would have sucked though)

Today was my running day. Just before I left Mairead & Lilah said they wanted to come. Hmmmmm. I thought. Well, I have a jogging stroller, and I bought it for this purpose, so I guess I should say "yes", right? Well, I did. I never imagined running behind a stroller would be so DIFFICULT! It was so tough, I was dying. My quads were burning so bad. Then, there was a HEAD WIND! Talk about tough. I seriously was huffing and puffing - how do people do this and run effectively??? The only thing I kept telling myself was "it's okay to walk" you're still getting exercise! I ran a lot, but slow....slow...slow....Then, I ran into a neighbor. Of course, I used that as an excuse to stop and catch my breath. I forgot to press pause on my mapmyrun application. Oh well, my run was down the drain by that point anyways.

Once we got home, the girls ran across the street to play with the kids. Our friends offered me a beer and I happily accepted. Wow. That tasted SO good!!!! I had every intention of continuing my work out at home...and I did! When we got back inside, I did the shortened verson on OnDemand of No More Trouble Zones. That is one tough work out! It felt good though. One thing I noticed that with the DVD, Jillian does TWO sets in each circuit, where on OnDemand, she only does ONE set.....there is a HUGE difference!!!!

I am pretty sure having that beer definitely cut down my productivity, but I still did it, right???? So, it still counts...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment