Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 51 - The next step

Day 51 - Running

Weather: Sunny & 62 degrees with a fairly hefty wind

Duration: 35:55
Distance: 3.41 miles (longest I've ever run!)
Pace: 10:32 (not the greatest, but it was hilly & windy)

The beach is approximately 2.5 miles away from our house. My new goal is to be able to run to the beach. The problem? I have to run back! That means, I will have to be able to run/walk at least 5 miles.....tough. Today, was the first step.

I've been doing the 5 minute warm up of No Trouble Zones before my run, and I have to say, it has really, really helped get through those first 10 minutes. I feel so much better, and more energized. It doesn't hurt so much. Today, the first mile, I ran in 9 minutes, and it felt really, really good. dare I say it.....easy??? 

Today I ran 1.5 miles down towards the beach. I crossed a marsh and ran up a big ass hill - NOT FUN. Hills really take a lot out of you, but it was great training. On the way home, it was so windy, and up hill, so my pace really slowed down to 10-11 minute miles. Overall, it felt good. I've officially passed the 3.1 mile mark, and I cannot be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment