Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 54: Running with a friend

Day 54: Running

Weather: Cloudy, 51 with mild-moderate winds

Duration: 35:33
Distance: 3.14 miles
Pace: 11:18 mins/mile

Fridays are the days I get a break. I usually have a sitter here in the morning for a few hours, or she comes in the evening so Kevin and I can have a break together! This morning, my girlfriend, Kim, was off from work, so she asked if I wanted to run. Even though I had run yesterday, I wanted to run again. Like I have mentioned before, I am not doing this just to get in shape, I am doing this for myself. So, I figured, even if I didn't do well, or run a good distance, it was still time for myself, with an added bonus of exercising with a friend!

Kim & I set off on our run. The first 10 minutes hurt as they always do with me, but then I got into more of a groove, plus, having a friend always helps pass the time. Kim's calf was bothering her pretty badly, so we had to stop and walk a few times. She kept telling me to go ahead, but I wouldn't do that. I was just happy to be getting some girlfriend time in with an added bonus of burning a few calories! Our time/distance wasn't that bad! I always compare my pace to what it was when I first started off, and an 11 minute mile isn't that bad, not to mention we walked a fair amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment