Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 39: My FIRST 5K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 39: Running - I think I have officially ditched the couch to 5K at this point...

Weather: Cloudy, 50 degrees and windy

Duration: 32:10
Distance: 3.1 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5K baby!
Pace: 10:20 mins/mile



Today, I ran my very first 5K EVER! Even in the best shape of my life (college), I never ran. This is such a huge accomplishment! I can't believe it. When I started running yesterday, I never intended to run 3.1 miles. I felt horrible. I wasn't motivated. I hurt. I had to run. And I did. When I went to make a left onto Fogg Road to go home, I made a last minute decision to keep going straight through another neighborhood. I figured I could walk if I got too tired. I ran for 2.25 miles before I needed to walk, and at that point, I only walked for about 2-3 minutes before starting to run again. I was too far into it now, I had to finish! I had to complete 3.1 miles. AND I DID.

I felt so motivated when I finished! I seriously felt so good. I felt like I could keep going! No, really! Don't get me wrong, I never said I loved it! I still have a love-hate relationship with running. I hate it while I am doing it. I love it when I finish. I love the feeling. Especially after obtaining a goal less than halfway through my 90 day challenge.

I was so motivated when I got home, I threw on The Shred, level 1, and went to town. I was in shock at how easy it was for me! I used 8lb weights for a few of the exercises, and 3lbs for the lateral raises with the side lunges. I barely could get through it was no weights and 3lb weights just weeks ago.

Why did I ever stop exercising in the first place?

1 comment: