Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 46 - It wasn't a fluke!

Day 46: Running & Level 1 Shred

Weather: Sunny, 50 degrees with moderate wind

Duration: 30:39
Distance: 3.11 miles
Pace: 9:50 mins/mile

It wasn't a fluke! I did my 2nd 5K ever and this time, I did not walk one single stride. I ran the ENTIRE thing! I can't believe it. I did a different course today just to mix it up a bit - it was fun! I listened to one of my dads mixes, and it actually helped a lot. I definitely struggle from like minute 6-15 and then by minute 20, I am feeling amazingly good! I felt 46 days ago like my 30 minute goal of running a 5K was SO over the top, and thought there was no way I would be able to run 3+ miles in 30 minutes! Now, I am thinking I may be able to do it in under 30 minutes.

When I got home, I felt great as I usually do after working out. I went on a quick walk with the girls, and came home. I put on level 1 of the shred and went to town! Wow. It felt really, really, really good. I am trying to fit in 45-60 minutes of exercise a few days a week.

It's going to rain here for the next few days. I am praying I'll be able to get in a day of running either tomorrow or Saturday; it's not looking promising though.

No comments:

Post a Comment