Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 1 - Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred

Since tomorrow is going to be a better "running" day, I chose to start off with a work out while the girls napped.

If you have Time Warner or Comcast, you can tune into On Demand and choose a free workout. We have Time Warner and there are TONS of them! There really isn't any need to buy any workout videos because there are some really great ones on here.

Today I chose to do the "30 Day Shred" with Jillian Michaels from 'Biggest Loser' - I really enjoyed it. It was fast paced so there wasn't any time to get boring. I found her to be rather motivating, which is good because I don't feel motivated to take things serious when it is just me and the TV.

Doing her cardio (jumping jacks, running in place, etc) made me realize just how out of shape I am. Not only that, but I really feel so much more motivated to run tomorrow! My thighs are burning now. I just walked upstairs to get Mairead and I thought I was going to fall down. haha.

It is a workout that combines cardio bursts (30 seconds) with muscle toning - I really liked it! I also had a work out buddy! Our 18 month old pup  Emmie was very interested in what I was doing. If I got onto the floor to do abs, she'd get on the floor with me! She'd even roll on her back :) - too cute.

1 comment:

  1. Great! I was wondering how you liked the 30 day shred. I love Jillian-I need to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete