Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 8 - I am an idiot!

Week 2 of the Couch to 5K

Weather: Sunny 55 and slight winds

Duration: 24:28
Distance: 1.92 miles
Pace: 12:45 mins/mile

I can't believe I survived the first week of running and am back for more. I know it is only going to get harder, but I think I'm on the right track...for now. Today, I set out to start week 2 of the couch to 5K. I was running for 90 seconds and taking 30 second breaks. It was KILLING me...I wanted to die. By halfway, I was sucking wind and wanted to quit, but I kept going. I kept wondering if I was doing something wrong! I was struggling so much more than I was last week.

Since I was struggling so much to keep going, I came home and went right to the couch to 5K website to see if I messed up somehow....and what do you know! I did. Maybe I should have read the website before I left to see what I was REALLY supposed to do this week!

For week 2: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Yeah! No wonder why I sucked so bad! I have no idea where I got that idea of walking for 30 seconds and running for 90! That 30 second break was soooooooo not long enough! What a dumb ass I am! 


Tomorrow, we will be traveling to Florida, so I will be giving my body a much needed break. I have exercised for 8 days straight, and I feel really good! I will be continuing my challenge there!

Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I found a great app called get running you need to get! I think that it is about $2 but it tells you when to run walk to match the couch to 5K program! I got it and it looks really cool! Hope you are having fun

    ReplyDelete