Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 28: Running high my fat arss!

Day 28: Week 5 of the Couch to 5K - but, I just ran today because I forgot to look at what I was supposed to do.... :)

Weather: Cloudy, 40 and WINDY.......like a hurricane! Not really, but it felt like it!

I ran the same trail as I ran yesterday, so no need to post the map - isn't that a cool tool! I love imapmyrun! I also downloaded the PLUS version, which has some cool other features. For $5, it's worth it! 

Duration: 27:59
Distance: 2.49 miles
Pace: 11:22 mins/mile
Calories burned: 263

I hear runners talk about a "running high" they get when they run.....Are they for real? Seriously! I do not get any kind of high when I run. I just want to finish. Somedays, around minute 20, I do start to feel strong, and want to keep running. Though, I think this is because I know I am almost home, and if I keep running, I'll get there faster!

Today was tough. The wind was whipping hard, and when it was a head wind, I wanted to just stop. It was hard. I pray that it isn't windy like this when I have to run the 5K. That will not be fun. I also have decided that running in the cold is not fun either. I am really needing some warm(er) weather. It was also tough because I ran yesterday, too. The next few days are going to be a rainy mess, and if I didn't run today, I would have had to run Thursday, Friday AND Saturday. No thanks! So, today it was!

I will admit, when I get home after a run, I feel awesome. Like right now, I could do another workout. I think I am going to do the shred next...I need to burn some extra calories so I can really enjoy some girl scout cookies! I think about looking good in a bikini and having little to  no muffin top this summer.....Yes, I will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment