Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 20: Personal best!

Day 20: Week 3: Day 3: Couch to 5K

Weather: Sunny, 58 degrees ..... just perfect!

Duration: 27:43
Distance: 2.39 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pace: 11:33 mins/mile

Holy crap! Dare I say it??!????? That actually felt great!

Today, I decided to try the run Kevin had been doing in our neighborhood. It is over a half mile longer than what I had been doing lately, but I figured I needed to start trying to go longer distances. I figured the worst that could happen was that I would have to walk more.

Not only did I decide to go a further distance today, I decided to bring our 18 month old lab, Emmie. She's got a ton of energy, and I thought she'd be a great companion to run with!

The first part of the run hurt. I wanted to go back home and take a day of rest, but I kept pushing, and it started to feel good. Emmie and I were running well together, and I was enjoying the perfect spring day.





Overall, this was my best run ever!

Here is my previous run stat:

Duration: 23:32
Distance: 1.98 miles
Pace: 11:51 mins/mile

2 comments: