Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 24: Things have changed.

Day 24: Jillian Michaels, Boost: Metabolism

This morning, I stepped on the scale. I was a bit surprised. The scale read: 125.5lbs - if you have been reading my blog, you may have read I started this journey off at 128.5lbs. I hope the scale isn't wrong! Three pounds lost in just under 4 weeks!

This really got me thinking about how much has changed for me in the last few weeks. Before March 1st, I used to cherish my 1-2 hours to myself in the afternoon. It was quiet time for me, too. I would make my lunch, sit on the couch, read some email, surf the net, call friends and just relax. I didn't have the motivation to exercise at this time. I just wanted some quiet time, too. Honestly, I didn't even think about it (exercising). Now, on the days I don't run, I actually use this "quiet" time for bettering myself. I don't just make lunch and hang on the couch. I now try to eat lunch with my girls, so I have time to exercise during naps. It's amazing that if all goes according to plan, I can exercise and have quiet time!

Some people have commented on they don't know how I do all of this. How do I make time? Yes. I am busy. Yes. I have three small children who demand A LOT of my attention. but...I am important, too. The latter one has definitely hit me in the face the last few weeks. This 90 day challenge is more about losing weight. It's about bettering myself...feeling better about myself as a whole.

I have learned over the last few weeks to make time to exercise.

I have learned you don't need a whole lot of time to excercise.

I have learned you can exercise a little bit everyday for it to be effective.

I have learned that it actually feels good to exercise. I am happier. More energetic. 

Anyone can make an effort to exercise for 20-30 minutes each day. Of course, I never actually realized I could do it until I made the commitment to exercise/run for 90 days.

If Kevin isn't around to watch our girls, I will get the girls to exercise alongside of me. They think it's fun! Our girls are learning that exercising is good for our bodies.

I have never been so motivated to exercise and get myself in shape. I am ass deep in my challenge, and I am actually enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment