Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 11 - Dare I say it?

Dare I say the run this morning actually felt good?

Day 11 - Week 2 of the Couch to 5K

Weather: Cloudy, 70 degrees with a very strong cross wind

Duration: 23:12
Distance: 1.98 miles
Pace: 11:41 mins/mile

Today was the first day I ran since Monday, and it actually felt good. I did week 2 of the couch to 5K, which entails 90 seconds of running followed by 120 seconds of walking. Since I had managed to screw up Monday, I knew I didn't need 2 minutes of walking after a 90 second jog. So, I did 90 seconds of jogging followed by a 90 second walk. I ran in the morning before I ate anything, and sure enough, I had no side stitches. This would make the second time in a row where I didn't have side stitches, and I didn't eat anything before I ran. I think I solved my problem.

Running when it is warm out felt great. It's amazing how much better it feels when your throat isn't burning from the cold winds!

Todays run did not hurt as much as I had anticipated! I actually feel good!

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading through all of your posts, and was going to comment on the side stitches. I had a similar problem, and food was the culprit too. On mornings I am going to run I eat a small bowl of Cheerios and drink a can of diet soda (the caffeine helps the run) and drink 16 oz of water. Then I wait an hour from the time I finish the water to start my run. Of course, I have to pee fifteen times before I can actually workout, but hey...do what you've got to do right?

    Keep it up woman...you're doing great! I finished the third week of C-to-5k this week (starting week 4 tomorrow) and finished my 5th workout (of 10) for Level 1 of the 30 day shred. I'm using 5lb weights now, but that workout leaves me shaking like crazy every time. I'm starting to feel like I'm doing something wrong.

    Anyway, I love having friends who are workout buddies too, so thanks for the blog and for the motivation!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete