Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 27: Dedication

Day 27: Week 4 of the Couch to 5K

Weather: Sunny, 25 degrees........too damn cold.

Duration: 28:29 (my longest run time yet)
Distance: 2.45 miles (longest distance yet)
Pace: 11:36 mins/mile

I thought I'd add a little something to my blog - here is my morning run! 



I always told myself, I'd never be that idiot running in the dead of winter. Those people are crazy. I turned into 'one of those people' this morning.

I had plans to run with my good friend, Kim, this morning, but when Kevin told me how bloody cold it was outside, I said NO WAY! I called Kim up and asked if she'd want to run this afternoon. She said "I was just getting dressed to go..."..............ah..........OK, I'll go.

When Kevin heard I was actually going to run, he was a bit shocked. I dug out my winter hat, gloves, and a fleece. And I ran. And. It. Was. Tough.

It was great running alongside of a friend. Talk about great motivation. I look forward to running with her again! The run hurt though. It was so cold. The most difficult part of the run was trying to talk and breathe at the same time! How do people do that without dying??? :)

By the end, I was actually feeling pretty good, and I decided to throw an extra few tenths of a mile in!

I am very close to 2.5 miles.....now, I need to surpass that mark, and start working on getting up to 2.75 miles!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure if I am impressed or think you are NUTS! :)

    ReplyDelete