Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 19: Something new

Day 19: Rollerblading while pushing double jogger

Today I thought I'd try something new. Since I haven't had the chance to buy hand weights, I didn't want to wimp it out and do a workout at home. I didn't feel like yoga. I didn't feel like running. What to do?

I dusted off (literally) my rollerblades, and bribed Mairead & Lilah to come with. I hadn't rollerbladed for exercise since college. I used to rollerblade 7-10 miles almost daily in college. I was hardcore back then.

Pushing the stroller and skating on an unsmooth surface wasn't easy! I did do my typical route of just about 2 miles in the same amount of time. I had told Mairead I would go "fast" - so during my skate, she kept going "Go faster! Mom! Faster!" HA!!!!!!!!!! I'd then respond by saying: "Honey, that's as fast as I can go".......I guess it wasn't as fast as I thought I may be. I had these memories of going quite fast on skates. Either that memory was wrong, or I am in really, really bad shape...Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment