Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 2 - Starting the Couch to 5K

Day 2 - I ran!

Weather was sunny and about 40 degrees with minimal wind.

I just got back from my very first run of the couch to 5K program! I used my imapmyrun application for my iPhone, but it messed up :( - I guess once you exit out of the app, it stops, so I screwed that part up.

Here are my stats:

I excercised for about 30 minutes (once again exact time is unknown because of the application problem, but I know it was between 25-30min).
5 minute warm up walk followed by 30 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking.
I walked/ran .89 miles  (though I think it is inaccurate, it should be about 1.5 miles)

I actually felt pretty good doing this. Running for 30 seconds wasn't too bad, though I did start to feel it towards the end of my work out. It definitely gives you a lot of confidence when you can actually complete the task and not feel as though you are killing yourself! In the beginning/middle of the work out, there were times where I felt I could keep running, but I didn't. I want to do this the right way and condition myself.

Kevin ran after me today, too! I'm sure he did a whole lot better than I did :)

Anyone else run today? How did you do?

During my workout I listened to: Kings of Leon, Black Eyed Peas, Lady GaGa and Ingrid Michaelson (warm up).

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I'm not running because of the asthma, but since I can handle cardio, I started that this afternoon. Just 10 minutes and boy did I feel like my legs were about to fall off afterwards, but I'm excited to keep going. Not trying to lose any weight - just get my muscle tone back, especially in the tummy area!
    My plan is some cardio in the afternoon and then some mild, calm yoga after the kids go to bed each night. So while I'm not running, I'm still with you...just in a slightly different way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did a Crossfit workout last night and doing it again today.
    I can't really post the two exercises, but I can tell you that walking up my stairs is painful.

    ReplyDelete