Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 5 - Reminded why I hate running...

Day 5: Day 2 of the Couch to 5K

Weather: Sunny, 35 degrees with a whipping wind

I ran/walked for 24:08 minutes
Distance: 1.74 miles
Pace: 13.47 min/mile

Today I was reminded at about minute 12 why I hated running. It was fairly chilly outside, and it was a bit difficult to breath through my nose when I had snot running down it. I then got a cramp in my left side, but I kept running and I would say around minute 18, I got a burst of energy. The cramp was gone, and I started to feel pretty good. I honestly was thinking around that halfway mark that there was no way I was going to be able to run for 3+ miles. I started to have flashbacks to high school.

I am glad I kept going because I really started to feel pretty good towards the end!

Overall, I'd say this was a good work out.

How is everyone else doing?

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I worked out 3 days in a row....can't handle the intense pain in my legs from all the squatting. Yesterday was dead lifts, shoulder presses, and cardio (high intensity cardio!).
    I am taking today "off" but considering doing my Christian "yoga" stretching DVD because my legs could really use it. The 2 glasses of red wine only helped so much last night! LOL!

    ReplyDelete