Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 14: Twice is NOT nice.

Day 14: Week 3, Couch to 5K & Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred......yes, you read that right. I did both, not sure why :)

Weather: Sunny, 68 with fairly strong head/tail winds

Duration: 22:58
Distance: 1.95 miles
Pace: 11:45 mins/mile

This morning I started week 3 of the couch to 5K. It's hard to believe I have completed two full weeks of this program. I'm not sure what I think quite yet. Some days I like running and days like today, I despise it. The program today had me running for 90 seconds, walking for 90 seconds, running for 3 minutes, walking for 3 minutes. Repeat. Running for three minutes absolutely SUCKED. How the hell am I going to run for 30 minutes straight to complete the 5K?????? This running thing is for the birds! But, the important thing is I finished.

Since we had a "family" day, I felt like I ate like crap all day. Cheeseburgers, homemade mac n cheese, etc, and Kevin hadn't exercised today, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to put a little fire under our arsses and do a little workout. It really was pretty cool to see how much easier todays workout was in comparison to yesterdays. I didn't feel like my muscles were going to rip apart. Overall, that workout felt much, much better than my run earlier in the day.

Now, my quads feel like they are going to give out on me!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. I need to get back "on schedule" this week. I had to cancel my workout last night...ugh. So much going on again this week. Why is it so hard to "fit" a workout in?
    You are doing great my friend! GREAT!

    ReplyDelete