Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 31: Camel

Day 31: Yoga: Meltdown & Shred, level 1

I really can't express how much I enjoy Jillian Michaels, Yoga: Meltdown. It is so good and so challenging! Each time I do it, I see progress. Since I started, the Camel pose always got me. This is when you stand on your knees, and reach backwards with your hands to hold your heels (like a back bend). In the beginning, I could barely touch my heels with one hand, now today, I could reach back with both hands and hold the pose. I couldn't hold it for the full 15 seconds, but I could do it for about 10 seconds. The last time I did it, I could barely hold it for 5.

Seeing progress like that, only makes me want to continue!

Mairead also has taken an interest in exercising with me! It's so important to teach our kids what healthy eating and exercise does to our bodies.

I've decided to work out for an hour as much as I can find time for - even if that means two 30 minute periods. I may not be able to do it every day, but I my goal is 2-3 days per week.

Tomorrow I will be running!

4 comments:

  1. I just finished yoga meltdown. I plan on doing level one sometime tonight.

    It is funny, I can do camel without an issue. It is actually my favorite pose. It is the damn sideways plank that gets me! But I can do it more and more each time I do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that video THE BEST! I am going to buy it so I can have level 2 when I am ready. I would have to say that is my favorite work out...

    I am getting better at the T planks, too! I also had a tough time with the Chataronga push ups, and now they are getting easier, too. I don't feel as though my arms are going to break in half when I try to go down!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could only HOLD that pose :) ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete