Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 22 - Week 4!!!

Day 22: Week FOUR of the couch to 5K

Jog: 3min, Walk: 90sec, Jog: 5min, Walk: 2.5, Jog, 3min, Walk: 90sec, Jog 5min

Weather: 42 degrees with light showers

Duration: 25:07
Distance: 2.28 miles
Pace: 11:00 mins/mile

Have I mentioned I hate running in the rain? At first, I wasn't going to run. Then I got to thinking...what if it rains on the day of the race? I can't just not run, right? So, I texted my sitter, and she came over to babysit before the rain really got going.

Today was the first day of my 4th week of the couch to 5K. This week my runs increase to 5 minutes at a time. I have to say, the first day of this training did not hurt as bad as it hurt for my first 3 minute run. I thought for sure I would be dying after running 5 minutes, but I wasn't...Things are starting to feel like they are really coming together. I am not dying quite so bad. I know I am going to have highs and lows, and I guess lately, I have been in more of a "high" mood than anything.

I have completed 3 full weeks of my 90 day challenge. I am really starting to enjoy this new part of my life. I am hoping this challenge will start to be evident on my body soon :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you Steph, you will continue to be amazed every week of C-5k. Every week you'll think, "Crap...I can't do this...it's gonna suck." And every week you will surprise yourself. The program is designed so well, it sets you up for success. You'll be amazed at what you are capable of, and you will LOVE the feeling you get from finishing a tough run. You're doing great. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete